22691567e165a9d8f16028d787c0a0481657130716 original

New Delhi: RJD chief Lalu Yadav was taken to Delhi in an air ambulance on Wednesday, a couple of days after falling critically ill, news agency PTI reported. According to the report, the 74-year-old former Bihar chief minister was brought to Delhi AIIMS for better treatment.

The RJD president was accompanied by a team of doctors and his eldest daughter Misa Bharti, a Rajya Sabha MP and an MBBS. His wife Rabri Devi and younger son Tejashwi Yadav left a few hours earlier to oversee the arrangements in Delhi.

“(He will be going to) AIIMS for better treatment…injury on his right shoulder…people should not worry, he will be fine…” news agency ANI quoted Rabri Devi as saying.

As per reports, Prasad left for the national capital around 8.15pm, about 45 minutes behind schedule due to the air ambulance not reaching in time.

A huge crowd gathered at the Paras hospital in Patna where Prasad had been admitted since Monday morning. People also crowded on both sides of the road that led to the airport.

People raised slogans in praise of the “messiah of the poor” at the Jai Prakash Narayan Airport, as the ambulance carrying Prasad sped past the crowd.

Meanwhile, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar met Yadav at the hospital earlier in the day.

Speaking to reporters, Kumar said, “There seems to be some improvement in Laluji’s condition since he was admitted. But, it would be proper if he is taken to Delhi for better treatment. I pray for his speedy recovery.”

Speaking of his old ties with him, Kumar said, “We go a long way back.We have known each other since both of us were young.” He also said the state government would bear the medical expenses of the RJD supremo.

Notably, Prasad, who turned 74 last month, has been suffering from multiple ailments, including renal and cardiac problems, apart from diabetes.

On last Sunday, he had a fall and fractured his shoulder after which the affected area was bandaged.

However, after the pain aggravated, he was rushed to the hospital hours later. He had been in the ICU and oxygen support.

Tejashwi Yadav, RJD’s heir apparent, expressed his gratitude to leaders, including Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Congress bigwigs Sonia Gandhi and Priyanka Gandhi Vadra who had telephoned him to enquire about his father’s health.

He said that his father’s condition has shown “improvement”, but the decision to take him to the national capital was taken as he had been under treatment of doctors at AIIMS and they knew his medical history better.

He added that the family might take Prasad to Singapore for a kidney transplant if the doctors allowed the same after the shoulder fracture.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Increase Alexa Rank Buy Website Traffic